Sequre-Tronix proposes that homeowners keep the following 10 security tips in mind at all times.
1. Seek qualified advice from a security consultant who will carry out a risk assessment and recommend an alarm system specifically suited to your property.
2. Make sure that your chosen security provider is a registered member of the South African Intruder Detection Service Association (SAIDSA) as this is a guarantee that any work carried out by them and equipment installed meets the appropriate industry standards.
3. Test your alarm at least once a month and request the services of a technician immediately if your alarm is faulty. It is important to remember to inform your security provider that you are putting your system into the “Test” mode.
4. Where possible, install exterior lighting that can be controlled remotely from inside the house. It is also worth considering demand lighting which is activated by a motion detector.
5. Try to reduce foliage and bushes in the vicinity of your driveway as these act as good hiding places for would-be criminals.
6. Increase visibility – Do you have any high walls or tall hedges obscuring your view of the property? Try to remove these if possible.
7. Automatic gates are preferable as you don’t have to leave the safety of your vehicle in order to access your premises.
8. Create a “safe area” in your home by fitting a wrought iron gate or an expanding grille gate into which the family can retreat in an emergency.
9. Install a safe to store valuable items and copies of keys. Wall safes are usually not fireproof and therefore not suitable for cash or documents.
10. Add an emergency number to the speed-dial function on your phone.
Top three tips for protecting your home and property from common burglaries
Sequre-Tronix suggests criminals may commit a different type of crime if they are prevented from committing their crime of choice. And when faced with a serious deterrent, they may move to a different location where a crime is easier to commit. Known as crime displacement, criminals usually seek the path of least resistance.
Sequre-Tronix suggests the following tips to assist you to protect yourself and your home from the common burglar.
1. Amateur burglars seek quick and easy targets and generally they will not try to break into homes if they think they will be caught. Amateurs look for opportunity — an open window or a door that is open. Therefore consider installing a burglar alarm, even if it’s a simple device with a siren or a monitored system.
2. Semi-professional burglars case houses. They may drive back and forth for a week in a neighbourhood to pick the “right” house — a property that seems vulnerable to break-in or forced entry.
3. Burglars don’t waste time. Thefts occur in a matter of minutes, so lock your doors and arm your security system, even if you are leaving the house to drive your child to school or to pop out to the shops.
With respect to security we thank you for this opportunity to introduce SequreTronix to you. We are committed in our endeavors to provide a superior professional service to you and believe that we will be able to add value to projects that you are involved with specifically with electronic security systems.
GET IN TOUCH
253 Taj Street
P.O. Box 850
Office: 012 386 0111
Mobile 076 837 5125
Emergency 24/7 tech support
062 154 4853
SequreTronix © All Rights Reserved 2017